Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Millwright Maintenance Technician for our Shelton division.
About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate arc welder, cutting torch, hand tools, forklift and welding truck
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• 1 year recent verifiable, related work history required, 2 years preferred (industrial manufacturing experience is a plus)
• Must be proficient in welding, cutting, and using hand tools for repairs
• Must be able to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics preferred
• Industrial/saw mill maintenance is a plus
• Must have own tools
• There is occasional heavy lifting while working with both hot and cold weather environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
421 S. Front Street
Shelton, WA 98584
Our new Shelton, WA location is located just 35 minutes northwest of Olympia on the shores of Oakland Bay at the southernmost tip of the Puget Sound. The city is surrounded by beautiful densely forested hills and includes pristine shorelines. Shelton community is rich in history, culture and natural beauty providing many outdoor activities such as boating, hiking, fishing and more!