Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator for our Quincy division.
About The Position
• Operate frontend loader to load/unload log trucks
• Sort logs by species and feed logs to the sawmill
• Climb ladders on heavy equipment and operate machinery for full daily shifts
• Learn and operate chipper, heel boom loader, and plow snow with the loader in the winter
• Work can be faced paced and, at times, demanding
• There is heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• 2 years’ prior loader operating experience
• Proven ability to recognize and sort logs by species
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm