Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a Certified Lumber Grader for our Shasta Lake division.
About The Position
• Visually inspect quality of lumber to be graded and grade lumber of varying dimensions and specie
• Apply grade rules to maximize lumber profitability
• Ensure lumber produced is within grade parameters to maintain grade reliability
• Ensure lumber produced is within expected grade yields and take appropriate action or trouble shooting to correct
• Maximize yield by either determining if flaws in lumber need to be trimmed to maintain higher grade or to reduce the grade of lumber
• Calibrate and monitor grade scan
• Straighten lumber that may be jammed or crossed up
• 2 or more WWPA, TPI, or similar grader certification required
• 5+ years in the lumber industry
• In depth understanding of American Lumber Standard grading rules
• Recent, good, verifiable work references
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
3735 El Cajon
Shasta Lake, CA 96019
Tuesday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm