Sierra Pacific Windows crafts windows and doors from select wood species grown and harvested in our own forests. As a proud part of Sierra Pacific Industries, we are the only window company that oversees our products from the moment our tree seeds are planted until our beautiful wood windows are produced and delivered. Now, we’re one of the largest window companies in the world. We have more than 600 dealers and distributors with sales in 30 countries around the world.
Sierra Pacific Windows is seeking quality Millwright Maintenance Technicians to work collaboratively with our Merrill, WI division.
About The Position
• Perform production and facility equipment electrical troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance.
• Install electrical components such as conduit, wiring, motor controls, starters, VFD, and soft starts.
• Assist with Motion Control, PLC, MMI, and HMI programming, troubleshooting, and repair.
• Install natural gas pipe (black iron) threaded and compressed fittings.
• Weld various materials using MIG, TIG and stick.
• Assist in all electrical materials and equipment pricing and purchasing.
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic (oil/air logic) controlled equipment.
• Perform building maintenance, bathrooms, doors and window repair/replacement, plumbing, PVC and copper pipe repairs, painting, and floor repairs on wood, concrete and steel.
• Work towards testing and qualifying as a Master Electrician.
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years' recent verifiable related work history required or educational equivalent.
• Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and programming, motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and hydraulic systems required
• Able to design and build electrical panels.
• Basic knowledge of rigging, lifting and moving heavy equipment.
• Experience updating and drawing electrical prints.
• Basic knowledge of high voltage and main switch gear layout, troubleshooting and repairs and of the National Electric Codes (NEC) and how to apply.
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Windows
1815 Water Street
Merrill, WI 54452
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:30pm