Sierra Pacific Windows crafts windows and doors from select wood species grown and harvested in our own forests. As a proud part of Sierra Pacific Industries, we are the only window company that oversees our products from the moment our tree seeds are planted until our beautiful wood windows are produced and delivered. Now, we’re one of the largest window companies in the world. We have more than 600 dealers and distributors with sales in 30 countries around the world.
Sierra Pacific Windows is seeking an experienced Application Developer to work with our IT Department in Anderson, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using RPG on the IBM iSeries platform.
• Analyze business requirements and translate into product design
• Develop program logic for new applications, analyze and modify logic in existing applications
• Design, develop, and deploy computer applications in support of the Company’s operations
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
• Interface with other systems and perform internal and external checks and controls
• Code, test, debug, document new or existing programs to achieve the most effective program
• Meet with user departments and managers to identify computerization needs and determine how desired results can be achieved
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs, computer applications, capabilities or limitations
• Analyze existing systems and programs, recommend technical alternatives, improvement processes and modifications or new systems
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion
• Research and evaluate software to assist in programming or for use as program platforms
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff
• Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development, or related Computer Science program
• 3 years’ experience in RPG, C++, VB/.Net, or similar application development environment
• Experience in wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable
• Independently motivated, detail oriented with ability to maintain focus on long term projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company
• Proven problem solving and time management skills
• Results oriented; possesses a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter naming this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049