Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Our Forestry Division, Redding District, has an opening for a qualified Forester to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta, Trinity and Siskiyou counties. The successful applicant will be required to work out of the Anderson office.
About The Position
• Preparation of Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s).
• Administration of contracts, including logging, road construction and reforestation.
• Miscellaneous forestry-related project work requiring demanding physical activity.
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license, or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years.
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation.
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations.
• Ability to hike in extremely remote mountainous regions using maps, compass or GPS.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic.
• Computer skills, or the ability to develop such skills; experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs helpful.
• Ability to work both independently and as a “team” member.
• Ability to professionally interact with state regulatory agencies.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountain roads.
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and interested in joining out team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by October 20, 2017 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
P. O. Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049-6011