Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Transportation Support person. This is a great opportunity to work with the Sierra Pacific team at our main office in Anderson, CA. We are looking for someone who enjoys being challenged, learning new things, and being part of an innovative Company. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Our Transportation department is customer service oriented and primarily dispatches trucks and railcars, and handles related accounts payable.
• Effectively schedule and dispatch trucks, up to 100 loads per day
• Consistently track and trace loads
• Quickly and efficiently answer multi-line phone calls and direct messages to appropriate personnel
• Regularly interact with truck drivers and truck supervisors in a professional manner
• Perform accounts payable functions that ensure vendors are paid accurately and on-time
• Respond to vendor questions on current invoices, past due invoices and statements
• Prepare transportation contracts and other documents
• Excellent and verifiable work references from prior employers and supervisors
• At least one year of recent office experience
• Knowledge of California, Oregon and Washington geography preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in transportation industry
• A proven team player who interacts positively and professionally with coworkers
• Must be able to consistently balance multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Be punctual, dependable and organized
• Ability to work with multiple computer applications while talking with customers
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send your resume and cover letter referencing this job to the address listed below by October 23, 2017:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049