Sierra Pacific Windows
crafts windows and doors from select wood species grown and harvested in our
own forests. As a proud part of Sierra Pacific Industries, we are the only
window company that oversees our products from the moment our tree seeds are
planted until our beautiful wood windows are produced and delivered. Now, we’re
one of the largest window companies in the world. We have more than 600 dealers
and distributors with sales in 30 countries around the world.
Sierra Pacific Windows is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to serve as a Network Engineer and work collaboratively with our Medford, WI division. This position is responsible for the operation, reliability and functionality of all servers and SQL maintenance on the Company’s network in Wisconsin. It is largely a self-directed position, performing basic and advanced network, MS server and SQL management, administration and troubleshooting - with very little direct supervision, oversight or assistance.
About The Position
• Perform scheduled and routine maintenance on servers and SQL applications
• Track support requests for network applications and insure they are properly scheduled and implemented
• Maintain and support SPI’s internal technology infrastructure and perform upgrades as necessary
• Create written project plans, determine appropriate hardware, software and staffing needs, and manage all aspects of a project to insure completion in a fast, efficient, cost effective manner
• Work with the IT application and support teams to design and support a network that meets our unique needs
• Schedule projects (software implementation and updates) to minimize business interruption for the company
• Specify hardware, software, disaster recovery mechanisms, infrastructure, and logical designs for the two Wisconsin manufacturing sites
• Set direction of SPI’s IT strategy, participate in planning meetings, assist the CIO, Network Administrator, and other Network Engineers in all aspects of IT planning and growth
• Manage and train junior technical personnel, provide backup support and mentoring to other IT technicians and engineers, and encourage and participate in cross-training of other SPI personnel
• Ensure Wisconsin manufacturing operations are running with minimal downtime, including “on-call” support for off hours
• Five years of applicable networking experience, two years as a network engineer (or equivalent position) with corporate level experience
• Familiarity with network security, routers, WAN/LAN configurations, VLAN’s, Wireless technology, and Cisco routers & switches required
• Experience independently performing server OS and application installs
• Experience and aptitude with all DBA aspects of supporting multiple SQL environments (DB maintenance, backups, optimization, design, and failover scenarios)
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (PC & Server), Server Virtualization (preferable VMware), Microsoft AD, SQL and Exchange, TCP/IP addressing & routing, network administration, methods of researching and troubleshooting technical problems utilizing outside resources & management tools
• Ability to design, plan, install and support a Windows 2008 - 2016 server and a MS SQL development and application environment, including DB maintenance, backups, optimization, and failover provisions
• Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification, Cisco CCNA or comparable certification &/or four-year college degree in a Computer Science or related field of study is strongly preferred
• Excellent customer service and strong inter-personal communications skills
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Cher Murphy, Human Resources
575 S. Whelen Ave.
Medford, WI 54451