Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Machinist for our Shelton Fabrication Shop.
About The Position
• Working with a team focused on developing cutting edge projects
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Use cutting torch in order to fabricate, modify, and repair parts
• Effectively work from plans, sketches, and verbal directions
• The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
• There is heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime and holiday work during busy production times
• 3 years’ recent, verifiable machinist experience
• Able to effectively run a manual mill and manual lathe
• Familiar with speeds and feeds
• Demonstrated ability to consistently hit tight tolerances (+/- .001) or better when needed
• Proven understanding of bearing fits
• Familiar with machining steel (A36, 1045, 4140), aluminum, and plastics
• All applicants must be at least age 18 and have own tools
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
421 S. Front Street
Shelton, WA 98584
Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm