Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Accountant to work collaboratively with our Red Bluff division team.
• Responsible for all accounting of the Division, including financial statements, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, and other analysis as needed.
• Manage fixed asset accounting and reconcile fixed asset accounts.
• Perform the year-end close for the division, including all audit and tax schedules.
• Hire, train, and manage office staff.
• Insure that appropriate internal control measures are followed.
• Provide financial analysis as needed for special projects.
• Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
• Recognize when and how to be assertive when improvement opportunities arise.
• Work as a team member with company accounting staff and management.
• 4 year degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA a plus.
• 2 - 5 years progressive work experience in accounting preferred. Preference given for experience in manufacturing.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problems.
• Skilled in leadership and communication.
• Understand appropriate discretion with confidential Company information.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by February 1, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049