Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Millwright to work at our Anderson division.
About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate acetylene cutting torch, inner shield wire feed welders, air arc equipment, metal cutting band saw, angle grinder, drill press, and forklift
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• 2 years of verifiable related work experience
• Proficient in welding, cutting, and using hand tools for repairs
• Able to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics preferred
• Industrial/sawmill maintenance experience is a plus
• Must have own tools
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repetitively throughout shift
• Work in both hot and cold environments
• Work will consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
19758 Riverside Ave
Anderson, CA 96007
Wednesdays through Fridays 1:00pm to 4:00pm