Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Log Scaler to work collaboratively with our Shelton division.
About The Position
• Measure logs to determine scale (volume) and quality (grade)
• Work to support continuous improvement and overall quality efforts
• Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately
• Communicate effectively with your team and other departments
• Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in a safe responsible manner
• 1 year prior log scaling experience preferred
• Proven knowledge of log grades, defects, and specie identification
• Must become certified in log scaling within one month
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter naming this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Jacquelin Earley, Human Resources
PO Box 700
Shelton, WA 98584