Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Diesel Mechanic for the Truck Shop at our Shelton division.
About The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel trucks, pick-up trucks, log trailers, and semi-trailers
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of vehicles and maintain maintenance records
• Operate equipment as needed
• Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ diesel mechanic experience required
• Proven prior experience working the above mentioned vehicles required
• Preference give to applicants with fabrication and metal work experience
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines
• Required to have own tools and perform all job duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• Must be at least 18 years old
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
421 S. Front Street
Shelton, WA 98584
Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm