Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Shipping Support person for the evening shift at our division in Quincy, CA.
About The Position
• Complete complex and detailed daily production reports, utilizing multiple Excel spreadsheets
• Work directly with Shipping Supervisor in all aspects of shipping responsibilities
• Answer busy multi-line phone system and respond to both requests and questions by various departments within the business
• Complete technical documentation for export certificates (certificates of origin, heat treat, WWPA, etc.)
• Work with team to complete month-end physical inventories
• Complete various daily and monthly reports essential within the department
• Back-up and assist log support desk
• Work collaboratively and promote a team environment
• Effectively work within deadlines and set schedules
• Work schedule is 11:00am to 8:00pm, Monday through Friday, with some overtime work as needed
• Minimum 3 years progressive office administration experience with good work references
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel with ability to create/maintain Excel workbooks
• Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor
• Accuracy and efficiency in data input is essential
• Self-motivated, dependable, and organized, with willingness to take on increasing responsibilities
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by March 23, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: David Little
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971