At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
We offer an opportunity to step into a very important role at our Main Office in Anderson, CA. This one position has multiple responsibilities, Receivables and Reception. The receptionist role is often the first, and sometimes the only, Sierra Pacific representative that a visitor or caller encounters. In addition, the receptionist contributes to the security of our office by monitoring access of visitors.
About The Position
• Greet visitors, handle busy phone system, route calls and respond to requests and questions by various callers, both inside and outside the Company.
• Review and post payments to our computer system.
• Conduct detailed review and research of receivables and coordinate with Sales, Accounting, and customers.
• Work with and maintain confidential information.
• Back up and assist other departments.
• Work schedule of Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm, with occasional Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
• Minimum 1 year office administration experience with good work references
• Demonstrated analytical skills and accounts receivable experience is preferred
• Effective communication, telephone & interpersonal skills with emphasis on being courteous and professional
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word
• Ability to focus, work independently, and multi-task with consistency and accuracy
• Self-motivated, dependable, and organized, with willingness to accept increasing responsibilities
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by December 17, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.