Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a skilled Sawfiler to work collaboratively with our Quincy division team.
About The Position
• Tip and grind both carbide and stellate
• Recognize and repair defects in saws
• Working with a team focused on developing cutting edge projects can be fast paced and, at times, demanding
• There is heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ verifiable saw filing experience
• Proficient on a double arbor gang
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm