At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Millwright Maintenance Technician at our division based in Mt Vernon, WA.
About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate acetylene cutting torch, inner shield wire feed welders, air arc equipment, metal cutting band saw, angle grinder, drill press, and forklift
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• 2 years' recent verifiable related work history required
• Must be able to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Proficient in welding, cutting, and brazing
• Basic electrical knowledge required, hydraulic experience is preferred
• Industrial maintenance experience is a plus
• Must be able to work from blueprints/plans, sketches, and verbal instructions
• Must have own tools
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14353 McFarland Road
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Wednesday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm