At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Hourly Supervisor to supervise our Doors Department on our weekend shift at our division in Medford, WI.
About The Position
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Work with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and other Supervisors to optimize productivity
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste and inefficiencies
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA, wage and hour, and environmental
• Supervise, train, direct, and coordinate work of the department's crew
• Effectively manage crew work time and duties during production, breakdowns, and emergencies
• Recognize the need and opportunity, and take action, to implement cross-training
• Manage scheduled time off, unexpected absences, and modified duty of crew
• Approve timecards for payment, assuring compliance with applicable regulations and Company policy
• Recognize and recommend crew commendation, corrective, disciplinary and discharge action
• Participate in crew member corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Evaluate crew and make recommendations for awarding of job openings
• Will require training on day shift.
• Must be available to work rotating shifts
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Understand wood product manufacturing processes with emphasis in people management
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by January 31, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Cher Murphy, Human Resources
575 South Whelen Ave
Medford, WI 54451
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.