Currently, we are seeking a qualified Industrial Electrician to perform building, and maintenance electrical work at our Quincy, CA location. This a unique opportunity to experience the beautiful community of Quincy while earning up to $35.00/hr plus benefits.
• The Industrial Electrician will be capable of understanding complex networks, including PLCs, as needed to construct, operate and control modern wood products processing machinery.
• A 2-year or higher technical degree in a relevant field with field experience, or Journeyman Electrician Certification with related field experience. Applicants with a minimum of 4 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above will also be considered.
• Knowledge and practical experience using tools of the trade to accomplish duties
• Proven strong working knowledge of motion controllers, PLCs, servo systems, and HMIs
• Knowledge of programming structures and techniques such as PID, data handling, UDT's, etc. would be a bonus
• Experience working with servo and hydraulic motion control and tuning would be a bonus
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
About The Position
The Industrial Electrician will perform all regular electrician duties at a high level of competence and will additionally perform hands on programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of advanced control systems. Duties include:
• Maintain and troubleshoot 480V, 3 phase motors, PLCs, motor control circuits, and electrical and hydraulic systems
• Install conduit, pull and terminate wires, using appropriate tools and methods
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
• Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
• Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFD's
• Use PLC functions and tools to troubleshoot machinery
• Troubleshoot and install encoders, linear transducers, vision systems, and other advanced sensors
• Identify and help implement process improvements to optimize performance and production
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipment
• Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a resume referencing this position and a cover letter to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Kealey Froggatt, Human Resources
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Sierra Pacific Industries , we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all
Sierra Pacific facilities follow our tobacco-free policy. We use E-verify to verify the social security number of all newly hired employees.
Sierra Pacific adheres to E-verify to verify the social security number of all newly hired employees.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. If you are an individual with a disability
and need accommodation to complete the application process, please call 800-378-8001 or write to Sierra Pacific Industries at PO Box 496011, Redding, CA 96049.