At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Seeking a highly motivated professional to work as a key member of the manufacturing optimization team. This position will be based from Anderson, California.How To Apply
About The Position
• Lead in the servicing and maintenance of machine vision scanning and optimizing systems
• Effectively tune highly integrated scanning systems for optimization of lumber manufacturing specifications
• Perform quality control, hardware and software technical troubleshooting, and find solutions to maximize lumber, grade and recovery
• Provide both remote and onsite troubleshooting service to support manufacturing locations in CA and WA
• Complete onsite customer service visits to ensure optimization and scanning equipment meets quality and performance standards
• Upgrade optimization systems and software with advanced technologies
• Oversee order process and inventory for scanner operations
• Maintain a positive working relationship with managers, supervisors, maintenance teams to provide positive customer experience
• Collaborate with internal/external contacts to provide effective and cost efficient service and technical support
• Communicate with all levels of management on root cause analysis and development of solutions
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Promote a focus on continuous improvement, optimization, and quality
• Assist in continuing education and development of highly skilled onsite maintenance and grading systems teams
• Adhere to and promote company safety standards
• Travel regularly to manufacturing sites in California and Washington
• Degree in computer science, electronic engineering technology, or equivalent experience
• Proficient in root cause analysis and computer technology – including hardware, software, programming, and network administration
• Understanding of digital logic, analog circuits, and electronic test instruments
• Strong communication skills and customer oriented
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Understanding of lumber manufacturing processes preferred
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
May 12th, 2021 or apply online:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.