At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our team of IT Application Designers and Developers in Anderson, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using ILE RPG Free on the IBMi platform.How To Apply
About The Position
• Analyze business requirements and translate user needs into effective and efficient in-house applications
• Develop program logic for new applications primarily written in RPG; analyze and modify “older” applications in support of continuing operations
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments
• Code, test, debug and document new or existing programs to optimize performance and reliability
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, often requiring changes in application design, individual programs, specific capabilities or application constraints
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion
• Applicant must be diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Applicant should be willing to train and directly support users and/or technical support staff
• Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related Computer Science program
• 3+ years’ experience with RPG IV / ILE RPG. , C++ &/or VB/.Net in a business environment
• Knowledge of SQL, free format RPG, ILE concepts, service programs, procedures, binder source, SQL functions and procedures preferred
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company
• Proven problem solving and time management skills
• Results oriented; demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Candidates must commit to the highest degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online.
For any questions about the position, please call (530) 378-8001.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.