At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified weekend shift Department Manager to work collaboratively with our Windows division in Medford, WI.How To Apply
About The Position
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Work with Plant Manager, Superintendent, and other Supervisors to optimize productivity
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste and inefficiencies
• Monitor and direct QMS program and related processes to ensure consistency
• Maintain documentation for department operations, disciplinary actions, Workers’ Compensation, attendance, etc.
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA, wage and hour, and environmental
• Supervise, train, direct, and coordinate work of the department’s crew
• Effectively manage crew work time and duties during production, breakdowns, and emergencies
• Recognize the need and opportunity, and take action, to implement cross-training
• Manage scheduled time off, unexpected absences, and modified duty of crew
• Approve timecards for payment, assuring compliance with applicable regulations and Company policy
• Recognize and recommend crew commendation, corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Participate in crew member corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Evaluate crew and make recommendations for awarding of job openings
• 2 years lead or supervisory experience
• Millwork and/or Windows manufacturing experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Understand wood product manufacturing processes with emphasis in people management
• Understand machinery operations with sufficient knowledge to address both preventative and corrective maintenance
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Cher Murphy, Human Resources
575 S. Whelen Ave
Medford, WI 54451
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.