At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are looking for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjuster to work with a team of adjusters based in our Anderson, CA office. Sierra Pacific is self-insured and self-administered for workers’ compensation in CA, WA, and WI.How To Apply
About The Position
• Investigate and analyze self-insured claims from CA, WA and WI to determine compensability
• Manage all aspects of claims to resolution in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
• Establish credibility and maintain professional relationship with legal counsel and Workers' Compensation Appeals Board in multiple venues
• Maintain professional relationships with Division Managers, HR and Safety Coordinators, medical providers and injured workers to develop successful treatment and return to work plans
• Work directly with injured workers to guide them through the workers' compensation process
• Promptly coordinate and authorize appropriate medical treatment for injured workers
• Establish appropriate claim reserve and manage reserve adequacy throughout life of claim
• Negotiate skillfully in difficult situations to win concessions without damaging relationships
• Maintain constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
• Maintain a high level of productivity and confidentiality
• Attend depositions, informal settlement conferences and hearings
• Obtain appropriate state adjuster certification and continuing education credits
• Prioritize multiple tasks and meet all required deadlines
• Some travel is required
• Minimum 3 years progressive work experience in administrative role
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• Adapt easily to new or changing situations, requirements or priorities
• Excellent judgment, discretion and ability to make independent decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work in an environment of teamwork and collaboration
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
August 10th, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.