At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Coast District has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Humboldt County. This position will involve all aspects of resource management including reforestation activities within the District. It’s based out of our Fortuna, CA office.How To Apply
About The Position
• Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work, mapping and writing
• Administer contracts for field operations including marking, logging and road construction
• Effectively and professionally interact with state regulatory agencies
• Conduct surveys including botanical, wildlife, and archeological
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation and strong work ethic
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
• Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
August 17th, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.