Currently, we are seeking a qualified Lead Electrician - Computer & PLC Technician to work collaboratively with our division based in Aberdeen, WA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Install, repair, and maintain electrical and mechanical systems and mechanical defects
• Recognize and correct mechanical defects
• Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on equipment
• Operate cutting torch, gas welder, drill press, grinder, and hand tools
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Maintain a strong working relationship with Supervisors and Managers across the Company
• Train and direct work of the department’s crew
• Must be available to work all shifts as work may consist of day or swing shift work
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ recent verifiable related work history or educational equivalent
• Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and programming, motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical, and hydraulic systems required
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Proven commitment to safety and company policy
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
or send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
301 Hagara Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.