We are a third-generation family owned, family-oriented company where employees are respected, integrity is valued, and a strong work ethic is recognized and rewarded. We are looking for an Application Developer to become a valued member of our IT team that takes pride in effectively responding to business needs and directly contributing to the success of the company. Position may be based From Red Bluff, CA or Medford, WI with remote work possibility. How To Apply
About The Position
• Analyze business requirements then design, create and maintain applications using modern RPG and development tools on the IBM i (Power Systems) platform to support our Window & Door division
• Utilize technology to solve problems and provide software solutions with varying degrees of complexity
• Collaborate with users to enable them to excel at their job
• Work directly with production to innovate and improve manufacturing processes
• Drive to completion all phases of application development
• Be diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related computer science program OR three years of professional experience with application development, preferable with RPG IV / ILE RPG in a business environment
• Experience in the wood products or other manufacturing industry is preferable
• Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and able to maintain focus on long-term projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the company
• Proven problem-solving and time management skills
• Results-oriented; demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Committed to the highest levels of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
send a cover letter and resume referencing this position to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.