Our Forestry Division, Almanor District, has an opening for a District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Lassen and Plumas Counties This professional position will involve all aspects of resource management. Work will be out of the Almanor office in Westwood, CA requiring living in one of the surrounding communities.How To Apply
About The Position
• Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work, mapping and writing
• Administer contracts for field operations including marking, logging and road construction
• Effectively and professionally interact with resource professionals and state regulatory agencies
• Conduct surveys including botanical, wildlife, and archeological
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Assist in reforestation activities, including planting and site preparation
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or 4 years’ experience in forestry work under the supervision of an RPF preferred
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture, or a related field desired
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation
• Understanding of logging and road construction operations
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation and strong work ethic
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
• Current valid driver’s license and the ability to utilize a 4wd vehicle to safely negotiate mountain roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by August 15th, 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.