We are seeking a qualified Planer Operator to work collaboratively with our division based in Aberdeen, WA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Sharpen planer knives
• Perform preventative maintenance on planer
• Recognize, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical defects
• Repair, set-up and adjust planer for required sizes
• Recognize defects in lumber
• Perform duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• Assure safe work practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Assist Planer Supervisor in training, directing, and coordinating work of Planer Operators
• Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
• 2 years’ experience operating a planer required
• 5 or more years’ experience working in a wood products manufacturing environment a plus
• Understand machinery operations and related hydraulics, with sufficient knowledge to address both preventative and corrective maintenance
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Knowledge of all Planer functions in addition to lumber grades and sizes
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
301 Hagara Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.