We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are seeking a qualified Claims Technician
for our Workers’ Compensation department located at our main office in Anderson, CA
. This position will support the administration of workers’ compensation claims in multiple states.About The Position
• Communicate with injured workers and service providers to facilitate claims administration
• Provide injured workers with information about the workers’ compensation process
• Handle multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Prepare and submit various requests/responses, with supporting documentation, to the proper agency or vendor
• Provide authorization for requested medical treatment or other services, when appropriate
• Schedule appointments and communicate information to appropriate party/parties
• Obtain medical, or other records, and route appropriately
• Process payment of medical bills and invoices, meeting all statutory timeliness requirements
• Sort incoming mail and documents, scan into document management system, evaluate and index documents to the appropriate claim file with pertinent notationsQualifications
• Minimum of one year of progressive office administration experience
• Knowledge of workers’ compensation terminology preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external partiesWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $17 to $25 per hour, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.