We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry Division, Camino District, has an opening for a qualified Reforestation Forester
to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Placer and El Dorado counties. The successful applicant is expected to work out of our Camino District office located in Camino, CA
.About The Position
• Contribute to and support the District reforestation program to effectively establish and manage conifer plantations
• Prepare and administer contracts for reforestation activities such as tree planting, vegetation management, site preparation, and thinning
• Maintain documentation and district database of reforestation activities
• Inspect and monitor reforestation projects to evaluate field performance and recommend appropriate corrective action as necessary
• Assist in other forestry work on the District which requires demanding physical activityQualifications
• BS in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture, or a related field is preferred
• A California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license with weed and vertebrate pest categories, or the ability to pass the PCA exam within one year
• Knowledge of reforestation activities and Sierra Nevada area forest types, as well as California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) laws related to the use of herbicides is preferred
• Ability to hike in extremely remote mountainous regions using maps, compass or GPS
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic
• Skilled in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep mountainous roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Tana Hartman, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $100,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.