Maintenance Technicians earn from $22 to $33 per hour!
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry division has an opening for a qualified individual to help maintain our new state-of-the-art nursery in Siskiyou County. The successful applicant will work from the Nursery, located in Grenada, CA
.About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and equipment in the Nursery
• Ensure efficient operation of greenhouses, irrigation systems, growing machinery, and grounds
• Perform general maintainence in a safe and efficient manner
• Coordinate with production and growing departments to determine project priorities
• There is occasional heavy lifting while working in both hot and cold weather environments
• Work may consist of seasonal and unexpected variations in time requirements due to sensitivities of the cropQualifications
• Ability to install, repair, and maintain electrical and mechanical systems and mechanical defects
• Demonstrated familiarity with agricultural irrigation systems and plumbing techniques
• General mechanical knowledge, carpentry, welding/metal fabrication, steel construction, heating systems, and electronically controlled equipment
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Able to problem solve and thrive in a constantly changing environmentWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.