Wages range from $19 to $21 per hour
We train and promote from within
Qualified Wildlife Interns help manage the Company's forest lands in the Sierra Nevada. Primary species being surveyed will be the California Spotted Owl and Northern Goshawk. This position provides an excellent opportunity to observe spotted owls from many known sites. Last season, our crew documented over 300 California Spotted Owls.Duties include, but are not limited to
• Support on-going monitoring of sensitive species
• Forestry and wildlife-related project work requiring demanding physical activity, night-time hours, and off-road driving
• Data entry
• Camping for up to four nights in one weekQualifications
• College coursework in wildlife biology, forestry, or biological science
• Knowledge of native wildlife species of California forests
• Ability to safely hike and navigate alone in remote, steep mountainous regions using map, compass, and GPS
• Possess valid driver license and have ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
• Excellent communication skillsBase Locations:
Anderson, Burney, Grass Valley, and Westwood, CaliforniaCompensation includes competitive hourly wage and housing allowance for qualifying individuals.How to Apply
Apply online at: spi-ind.com/internships
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume when submitting application.
Applications Close: February 16th 2024
Interviews will be ongoing as applications are received.
Positions may be filled prior to deadline.
Employment Period: MAY/JUNE - AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2024 (flexible start & end dates)Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.