Planer Operators earn $31.83 per hour
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidaysAbout The Position
• Sharpen planer knives
• Perform preventative maintenance on planer
• Recognize, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical defects
• Repair, setup, and adjust planer for required sizes
• Recognize defects in lumber
• Perform duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• The work is fast-paced and can, at times, be demanding
• Work may consist of day or swing-shift work, with some overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 2 years’ experience operating a planer
• Lumber manufacturing experience is a plus
• Knowledge of all planer functions and lumber grades and sizes
• Safety-oriented work history
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of ageWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14353 McFarland Road
Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
(360) 424-7619, ext 1409
Interested in SPI, but not this opportunity?
View all opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.