We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry Division, Stirling District, has an opening for a District Forester
to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Tehama, Butte, Plumas, Yuba and Sierra Counties. This position will involve working with California Registered Professional Foresters (RPFs) and prepare harvest plans and administer harvest operations. Work will be out of the Stirling office located in Chico, CA
.About The Position
• Prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work, mapping, and writing
• Administer contracts for field operations including marking, logging, and road construction
• Effectively and professionally represent Sierra Pacific Industries, interacting with neighbors and resource state regulatory agencies
• Conduct botanical, wildlife, archeological, roads and watercourse surveys
• Assist in reforestation activities, including planting and site preparation
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass, and GPSQualifications
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to take and pass the California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) exam after qualification through a combination of educational and/or work experience.
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and the fieldwork involved in THP preparation
• Basic understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
• Current valid driver’s license and ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep mountainous roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Amy Sarti, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $110,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.